- Academic Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Current Courses
Instrumentation Rules For Shared Departmental Instruments
All fees are in accordance with University and Federal Regulations and have been approved by the Office of Sponsored Research.
- The charges associated with each instrument are listed on the group instruments webpage alongside the instrument description. The corporate rate is given and the non-corporate rate (e.g., university or government) is half of the listed cost.
- For training or assisted use, the listed rate increases by $25/hr.
- Users will be charged from the beginning of their reservation time until the end of reservation time or the end of their actual usage, whichever is greater.
- Charges and reservations are on a thirty-minute block basis.
- Within the UM System a MoCode is required.
- Corporations must provide a purchase order or check.
- A tutorial for making instrument reservations is available here
- Reservations are made on a thirty-minute block basis.
- If you do not show up for your allotted time:
- You will be charged at half or the rate for any time that the instrument spends idle during your reservation period.
- For reasonable excuses, contact Dr. Nathan Leigh.
- Cancellations made up to two business hours before the reservation slot will not incur charges (business hours are between 8am and 5pm).
- Cancellations not made two business hours in advance will result in a user charge at half the rate for any time that the instrument spends idle during your reservation period.
Training MUST be completed prior to using the instrument.
- Contact Dave Satterfield or Dr. Nathan D. Leigh to schedule training.
- For usage of instruments after business hours, requests must still be placed, but the instrument can be used, and the reservation will be accepted retroactively.
- Priority will be given to the user who is within their allotted reservation time. As such, overtime usage overlapping with a previously scheduled appointment will not be permitted.