- Academic Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Current Courses
Steps to applying for Travel Funding:
1) Apply for travel authorization through the department
2) Set up a delegate
3) Collect receipts for reimbursement
Detailed instructions for each step are included below.
Here are the instructions for setting up a delegate:
1. Go to the webapps link. Here you will click Web Applications Login and select "Travel & Expense" and proceed to login to Oracle People Soft.
2. You will arrive at the UM System finance screen and should select "Travel and Expenses". Once on this page, select "Expenses WorkCenter" located on the left side.
3. On the left side of "Expenses WorkCenter" click "Delegate Entry Authority". A list of who you have delegated authority to for reconciling, expenses and reimbursements will be shown.
4. Click the + button on the right side of this page and in the User ID column, type "heldenbrandt" and click search. Once the page comes up, select "Heldenbrand, Tammy" and click "Save" and "OK.
1. Receipts for payment can be submitted immediately after being received. Any receipts received via e-mail (e.g., airline tickets, conference registrations, etc.) can be forwarded to Tammy Heldenbrand.
2. All original receipts must be given to Tammy Heldenbrand, however it is recommended that you make an e-copy or hardcopy for yourself. Cash register receipts must be taped on copier paper (single sided) for filing purposes and will not be accepted otherwise. The receipts should not be stapled, as each individual receipt has to be pulled for scanning.
3. Receipts for meals must be submitted as itemized. Hotel stays will not be reimbursed until after the stay, when you have the final receipt. If you are staying in an Air BNB, the payment is required prior to stay and the receipts can be submitted beforehand.
4. The receipts will be attached to the expense report and filed by MOCODE.
Things to Note: If you are reimbursed and do not participate, you will have to pay the university back. If the trip is cancelled, you will also have to pay the university back for reimbursements and these will be attributed to the correct MOCODE. No itineraries or estimated expenses will be accepted as proof of payment, all must be in the form of a finalized receipt. Some room should be left on the papers with the receipts attached so that notes can be made.